Boy, 3, and 2 women hurt in Monroe Township, NJ crash
MONROE TWP., N.J. - September 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 3-year-old boy and 2 women are hospitalized after an accident in Monroe Township.
It happened at 6:15 a.m. Friday at the intersection of the South Black Horse Pike (Route 322) and East Malaga Road.
Monroe Township Police say the driver of 2006 Chevrolet Malibu, a 40-year-old woman from Williamstown, N.J., was traveling north on East Malaga.
Police say she was trying to beat a yellow light and turned into the path of a southbound 2004 Nissan Sentra driven by a 24-year-old woman from Lindenwold, N.J.
The driver of the Chevrolet was taken by ambulance to JFK Hospital with injuries to her arms and chest.
The driver of the Nissan and a 3-year-old boy who was sitting in the back seat were both airlifted to Cooper University Hospital.
Police say that woman, who was trapped in the Nissan and had to be extricated, sustained a leg and injury and possible internal injuries. The boy was said to have sustained possible internal injuries as well.
There was no immediate word on the conditions of any of the victims.
Their names were being withheld pending notification of family members.
Police said charges are pending the completion of the investigation.
new jersey news, accident, gloucester county news, local/state
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 33 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 11 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 46 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 38 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
33 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos