Boy, 3, and 2 women hurt in Monroe Township, NJ crash
MONROE TWP., N.J. - September 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 3-year-old boy and 2 women are hospitalized after an accident in Monroe Township.
It happened at 6:15 a.m. Friday at the intersection of the South Black Horse Pike (Route 322) and East Malaga Road.
Monroe Township Police say the driver of 2006 Chevrolet Malibu, a 40-year-old woman from Williamstown, N.J., was traveling north on East Malaga.
Police say she was trying to beat a yellow light and turned into the path of a southbound 2004 Nissan Sentra driven by a 24-year-old woman from Lindenwold, N.J.
The driver of the Chevrolet was taken by ambulance to JFK Hospital with injuries to her arms and chest.
The driver of the Nissan and a 3-year-old boy who was sitting in the back seat were both airlifted to Cooper University Hospital.
Police say that woman, who was trapped in the Nissan and had to be extricated, sustained a leg and injury and possible internal injuries. The boy was said to have sustained possible internal injuries as well.
There was no immediate word on the conditions of any of the victims.
Their names were being withheld pending notification of family members.
Police said charges are pending the completion of the investigation.
new jersey news, accident, gloucester county news, local/state
- Photos: Recent prostitution arrests in Philadelphia 57 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 36 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter 44 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 47 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
40 min ago
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
37 min ago