Man visiting grandmother shot dead in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 27-year-old man visiting his grandmother was shot and killed in South Philadelphia late Thursday night.
The shooting occurred just after 10:00 p.m. in the 2600 block of Wolf Street.
According to police, the victim went into the backyard and was talking to 3-4 other males when shots rang out.
He was struck in the head and officers rushed him to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
He was pronounced dead a short time later.
Police have not said if there are any suspects or a motive.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, homicide, south philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 13 min ago
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 26 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings 28 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News 6 min ago
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home 4 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Police raid alleged chop shop in South Philadelphia 5 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
13 min ago