Man killed in shooting in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - October 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Gunfire broke out and one person was left dead after a shooting in Chester, Delaware County.
It happened around 7:30 p.m. Friday along 21st and Melrose streets.
Police say 22-year-old Jamel R. McMillion was returning to his home when he was ambushed by two gunmen.
Medics pronounced the victim dead at the scene.
The suspects are described as wearing dark clothing and string drawn hoodies to conceal their identity.
Anyone with information can contact Chester Police Detective Robert Whitaker at (610) 447-8420 or CID Detective David Tyler (610) 891-4708.
delaware county news, chester news, shooting, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 3 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos