Man killed in shooting in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - October 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Gunfire broke out and one person was left dead after a shooting in Chester, Delaware County.
It happened around 7:30 p.m. Friday along 21st and Melrose streets.
Police say 22-year-old Jamel R. McMillion was returning to his home when he was ambushed by two gunmen.
Medics pronounced the victim dead at the scene.
The suspects are described as wearing dark clothing and string drawn hoodies to conceal their identity.
Anyone with information can contact Chester Police Detective Robert Whitaker at (610) 447-8420 or CID Detective David Tyler (610) 891-4708.
delaware county news, chester news, shooting, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 48 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 27 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 55 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co. 7 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
27 min ago