Children sickened by carbon monoxide at NJ skating rink
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - October 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say seven children were taken to the hospital after carbon monoxide poisoning in Hamilton Township, New Jersey Saturday afternoon.
The incident occurred just before 10:30 a.m. at the Ice Land Skating Rink.
Medics were called to the rink located on Tennis Court after children complained of being sick.
Fire crews were called to the scene to investigate and detected high levels of carbon monoxide in the building.
So far no word on the condition of the children taken to the hospital.
Service to the building was shut down and the rink will be closed until Monday while they investigate the cause of the Carbon Monoxide leak.
mercer county news, new jersey news, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 53 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 20 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom