Children sickened by carbon monoxide at NJ skating rink
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - October 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say seven children were taken to the hospital after carbon monoxide poisoning in Hamilton Township, New Jersey Saturday afternoon.
The incident occurred just before 10:30 a.m. at the Ice Land Skating Rink.
Medics were called to the rink located on Tennis Court after children complained of being sick.
Fire crews were called to the scene to investigate and detected high levels of carbon monoxide in the building.
So far no word on the condition of the children taken to the hospital.
Service to the building was shut down and the rink will be closed until Monday while they investigate the cause of the Carbon Monoxide leak.
mercer county news, new jersey news, local/state
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 1 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 19 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos