Strawberry Mansion party ends in deadly gunfire
STRAWBERRY MANSION - October 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are searching for the gunmen who burst into a house party late Saturday night and opened fire, killing a man in front of party goers.
It was around 11:50 p.m. when police were called to a reported shooting at a residence in the 1700 block of North 27th Street.
Arriving officers were met with a large group of people both outside and inside of a home and soon discovered the 32-year-old victim inside of the residence suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest.
The victim was removed from the home and transported him to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.
Police were forced to call in a double assist, bringing in additional officers from neighboring police districts after party goers got out of hand and refused to cooperate with police. There were no arrests in the assist, but police brought dozens of party goers down to homicide to interview.
During the investigation police discovered shell casings down the street had pierced a corner Chinese takeout restaurant, leading police to believe there was an exchange of gunfire outside of the home as well.
Police have not yet released the victim's name.
strawberry mansion news, philadelphia news, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 23 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 22 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 46 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 24 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
20 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
22 min ago