Horse pulling Amish buggy killed in Lancaster County, Pa. drive-by shooting
RONKS, Pa. - November 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in the heart of Pennsylvania's Amish country say a horse pulling a buggy has been killed in a drive-by shooting.
WHTM-TV reports five people were inside the buggy Sunday night when a car drove by and a shot was fired in Ronks, in southeastern Lancaster County.
Police say the car didn't stop after what sounded like a firecracker.
The horse was discovered to be injured when the buggy arrived at a farm about a mile away. It died before a veterinarian could arrive.
The TV station says the horse suffered a bullet wound to the left side of its torso. The buggy's passengers weren't injured.
Information from: WHTM-TV
pennsylvania news, lancaster county news, local/state
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 45 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 35 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 6 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
35 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos