Pedestrian struck in overnight accident in Center City
PHILADELPHIA - December 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an early morning accident that left a pedestrian in critical condition Saturday.
Philadelphia police say a driver of a Chevrolet Malibu hit a man in his 20's as he was crossing the street at 16th and Chestnut around 12:30 a.m.
He was rushed to Hahnemann Hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
Police say the driver is cooperating. There is no word on whether charges will be filed.
The accident remains under investigation.
pedestrian struck, accident, philadelphia news, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- Surveillance expected from Target heist 44 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 11 min ago
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Video: Beating turns dropout into genius 48 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
44 min ago