Victim ID'd in East Mt. Airy shooting
EAST MT. AIRY - December 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man was killed and a woman was wounded after a double shooting in the East Mt. Airy section of Philadelphia.
The shooting happened shortly before 7:30 p.m. Saturday along the 1300 block of East Johnson Street.
Police say a 25-year-old, identified as Bernard Franklin, was shot several times in the chest, right arm, and right leg. He was pronounced dead at Albert Einstein Medical Center.
An 18-year-old woman was shot in the right foot. She was taken to Einstein in good condition.
There are no arrests at this time and the investigation is ongoing.
philadelphia news, east mount airy news, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ