Baby shot, killed on Christmas Eve identified
LANCASTER, Pa. - December 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania authorities said Thursday that 2-month-old Kestyn Davis was killed Christmas Eve by a single shot from a handgun to her abdomen, and a decision has not been made about whether criminal charges will be filed.
Police in suburban Lancaster said the victim's parents, Alyssa and G. Scott Davis, were cooperating with the investigation. The couple did not appear to have a listed home phone number.
East Lampeter Township Police said they expected their investigation to be completed in a few days and they did not plan to release additional details in the meantime.
"I don't even have any reports; we just got the autopsy done," Lancaster County District Attorney Craig Stedman said Thursday. "I've got to talk to the guy who did the forensic analysis."
Officials have said the girl and the shooter, described as an adult relative, were alone in the apartment when she was shot Tuesday afternoon. Kestyn was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
"This was an isolated incident and there is no danger to the public," police said in the news release that identified Kestyn and her parents.
Telephone messages left for Lancaster County Coroner Dr. Steven Diamantoni were not returned.
pennsylvania news, lancaster county news, shooting, local/state
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos