2 Delaware men arrested on child rape charges
WILMINGTON, Del. - January 16, 2014 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police have arrested two men on rape charges stemming from an ongoing investigation into possession and distribution of child pornography.
Attorney General Beau Biden announced Thursday the Delaware Child Predator Task Force investigations have turned up additional information that has led to the arrest of two Delaware men.
65-year-old Terry C. Adgate was arrested in August 2012 on multiple counts of child pornography. He plead guilty and was sentenced in November 2013 to five years in prison.
Task Force Detectives discovered an adult victim of Adgate who claimed he sexually assaulted her for several years in the 1990s when she was a child.
Adgate is being charged with multiple counts of rape and related offenses.
48-year-old Charles H. Hurd, Jr. was arrested on January 1, 2014 as a result of the Child Predator Task Force investigation.
Hurd is being charged with multiple counts of unlawful sexual contact with a child in addition to the 25 counts of dealing with child pornography he was arrested for in June 2013.
Task force detectives discovered evidence that Hurd had sexually assaulted an 11-year-old girl on multiple occasions at his home in the 800 block of Woodline Drive in Middletown, Delaware.
"These arrests demonstrate that those who possess child pornography and have access to kids pose an increased threat of sexual offenses against children," Biden said, "These cases underscore how important the work of the Child Predator Task Force is to taking sexual predators off the streets and keeping our kids safe."
Police are hoping anyone who may have information concerning additional crimes these men have committed will contact Detective Kevin McKay at the Delaware Child Predator Task Force at 302-741-2775.
rape, child sex assault, sex assault, sex offenders, wilmington news, delaware news, local/state
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 32 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 20 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!