Son of Philly cop shot, killed in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - January 20, 2014 (WPVI) -- The 19-year-old son of a Philadelphia police officer was shot and killed Friday night on Grays Avenue in Southwest Philadelphia.
Police responded at 5:55 p.m. to the area of 6200 block of Grays Avenue for a report of a shooting.
Upon their arrival officers found Jahmeer Jett, who resides on the block, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
Jett was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was pronounced dead.
The investigation reveals that Jahmeer, an aspiring boxer, was on his way home when an unidentified male ran up behind him and fired several shots at point-blank range.
The shooter then fled the scene on foot.
Police say the motive is unknown and that the investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
A $20,000 reward is offered for the arrest and conviction of the suspect(s) in any homicide in the City of Philadelphia.
southwest philadelphia news, philadelphia news, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Lots of sun, chilly today 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 41 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 38 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 44 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 20 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
31 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos