Justin Bieber gets March trial date in Florida case
MIAMI (AP) - February 4, 2014 (WPVI) -- A trial date has been set for Justin Bieber in Miami for his recent arrest on charges of driving under the influence, resisting arrest and driving with an invalid license.
The March 3 date for the three misdemeanors was set Tuesday by an automated court system. Bieber's attorneys have filed a written plea of not guilty. Initial trial dates are often delayed.
The 19-year-old pop star was arrested Jan. 23 in Miami Beach after what police called an illegal drag race between two exotic sports cars driven by Bieber and R&B singer Khalil Amir Sharieff. Sharieff was also arrested on a DUI charge.
Breath tests showed Bieber's blood alcohol content below the .02 threshold for underage drivers. Police say a toxicology test detected marijuana and Xanax in his system.
justin bieber, DUI, florida, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 9 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ