Justin Bieber gets March trial date in Florida case
MIAMI (AP) - February 4, 2014 (WPVI) -- A trial date has been set for Justin Bieber in Miami for his recent arrest on charges of driving under the influence, resisting arrest and driving with an invalid license.
The March 3 date for the three misdemeanors was set Tuesday by an automated court system. Bieber's attorneys have filed a written plea of not guilty. Initial trial dates are often delayed.
The 19-year-old pop star was arrested Jan. 23 in Miami Beach after what police called an illegal drag race between two exotic sports cars driven by Bieber and R&B singer Khalil Amir Sharieff. Sharieff was also arrested on a DUI charge.
Breath tests showed Bieber's blood alcohol content below the .02 threshold for underage drivers. Police say a toxicology test detected marijuana and Xanax in his system.
justin bieber, DUI, florida, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing 38 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- Woman's body found in Berks County 32 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 8 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser