Homeless man beaten in Reading laundromat dies
READING, Pa. - February 6, 2014 (WPVI) -- A homeless man who was repeatedly attacked as he sheltered himself from the cold inside a laundromat in Reading last month has been found dead a week after being released from the hospital.
The man again sought to get warm and dry off Tuesday inside another business. When the business owner checked on him 45 minutes later, he found the man unresponsive and called 911.
The homeless man was pronounced dead at a hospital. His name has not been released.
An autopsy was being conducted to determine whether his death was caused in any way by the injuries he suffered in the Jan. 12 attack, which was caught on surveillance video.
Three people have been arrested and charged in the case. A fourth suspect is still being sought.
pennsylvania news, assault, reading news, berks county news, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases