2 children from Lancaster Co. Amber Alert found safe; 2 suspects in custody
PHILADELPHIA - February 7, 2014 (WPVI) -- Authorities have filed charges against the father and grandfather of two Lancaster children who were found safe nearly 12 hours after allegedly being abducted at gunpoint by the suspects.
Pennsylvania State Police said 23-year-old Eddie John Ahorrio-Martinez Jr. and 47-year-old Eddie Ahorrio-Saavedra Sr. took the younger man's 3- and 4-year-old children Thursday from a home in Columbia, Lancaster County.
Police allege the son pointed a gun at his estranged wife, her boyfriend and his 15-year-old sister and the father struck the boyfriend in the head with a pipe wrench.
A state trooper spotted their car Friday near Philadelphia and both suspects were arrested. Both men were charged with counts including kidnapping, robbery and aggravated assault.
The children were unharmed in the back seat and have been reunited with their mother.
pennsylvania news, lancaster county news, amber alert, abduction, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 57 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 13 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
57 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos