2 injured in NJ meth lab fire
BURLINGTON TWP., N.J. - February 9, 2014 (WPVI) -- Burlington County officials say an early morning fire that sent two people to the hospital was caused by a methamphetamine lab.
The fire broke out in a home on Bodine Avenue in Burlington Township just before 2:00 a.m. Sunday.
Investigators say a meth lab was set up in the home.
Firefighters knocked down the fire then retreated from the home to avoid being overcome by the fumes.
A man and a woman living in the house were transported to Virtua Hospital for smoke inhalation.
Several county hazardous material units were called out to the scene to decontaminate at least a half dozen firefighters outside of the home.
The incident remains under investigation.
new jersey news, burlington county news, fire, drugs, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 16 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 34 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 41 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 12 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 38 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 45 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 20 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 7 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 40 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
16 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
12 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card...
38 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos