Robbery victim shot 4 times after handing over wallet in Oxford Circle
PHILADELPHIA - February 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for two armed bandits who robbed and shot a man in the city's Oxford section.
The incident happened around 9:15 p.m. Monday in the 6600 block of Loretto Avenue.
The 28-year-old man was returning home from work when he was attacked by two men.
Authorities say one of the men was armed with a gun when the robbers approached the victim as he was leaving his car.
They forced the victim to lay on the ground and robbed him of his wallet containing credit cards and $500 in cash.
The suspects also stole his house keys and then shot him four times.
He was struck twice in the chest and once in the stomach and groin.
The victim was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The shooting is under investigation.
robbery, shooting, oxford circle news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos