15-year-old girl charged in South Philadelphia stabbing
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 11, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police say a teenage girl has been charged for stabbing a 14-year-old boy in South Philadelphia.
15-year-old Amber Hellesten from the 2000 block of Sigel Street is charged with Attempted Murder after allegedly stabbing the boy in the chest.
It happened around 8:00 Tuesday night on the 2100 block of Watkins Street.
Officers arrived to find the teen victim with a knife wound to the chest. He was rushed to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in critical condition.
Police later apprehended Hellesten in connection to the stabbing. Her relationship with the victim remains unclear.
A weapon has not yet been recovered.
The incident remains under investigation.
philadelphia news, south philadelphia news, stabbing, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos