Deptford police investigate Valentine's day home invasion
DEPTFORD TWP., N.J. - February 14, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police in Deptford Township are investigating a Valentine's Day flower delivery that turned into a home invasion Friday night.
It happened just after 7:00 p.m. in the 100 block of Revere Street in Deptford Township.
According to police, the victims answered the door to two men, one holding flowers, but quickly realized it was not a Valentine's Day delivery when both men forced their way inside and robbed the family at gunpoint.
Police say the suspects stole cash and jewelry.
"The person ran up and rang the doorbell and was carrying flowers, of course you're going to answer the door on Valentine's Day. That's all I know," said Jean Malloy.
Police have not confirmed if children were inside, but Action News did see a young girl being brought out of the home while detectives were inside.
Neighbors were understandably shaken.
"It's scary," said Mike Bauer. "It's kind of strange, people are coming home from work at that time."
Police are still interviewing potential witnesses who may have seen the suspects flee the residence or the neighborhood.
It is not clear whether the suspects wore disguises or were posing as deliverymen from a specific flower shop.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Deptford Township Police.
valentine's day, home invasion, robbery, new jersey news, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 1 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
1 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos