Pizza Hut manager in West Virginia fired after urinating in sink
KERMIT, W.Va. (AP) - February 19, 2014 (WPVI) -- Health officials have temporarily shut down a southern West Virginia pizza restaurant after a district manager was caught on surveillance video urinating into a sink.
Local media reported that the Mingo County health department ordered the Pizza Hut in Kermit, about 85 miles southwest of Charleston, to shut down.
Pizza Hut Corp. released a statement saying it was "embarrassed" by the manager's actions. The company says it has "zero tolerance" for violations of its operating standards. The employee was fired. His name was not released.
The video shows the manager urinating in a sink in the kitchen.
Pizza Hut says the incident occurred after business hours.
County health official Brett Vance says the restaurant is closed until it is thoroughly cleaned and there are reassurances of safeguards in place.
west virginia, national/world
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 16 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 20 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 20 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 20 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
16 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
20 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
20 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
6 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos