Naked man arrested in local Walmart
EXTON, Pa. - February 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Chester County arrested a man found wandering around a Walmart wearing nothing but socks, and the odd incident was all caught on camera.
In the surveillance video police say you can see Verdon Lamont Taylor stripping in the middle of the Walmart parking lot in Exton.
It happened around 5:00pm Wednesday at a busy hour.
Taylor takes off his socks and all of his clothes and then waltzes into the Wal-mart. The video shows shocked shoppers trying to avoid him.
"Large guy, about 6'4", 200 lbs; he is an imposing figure, and he is naked. I'm sure there were people scared in there," said Detective Scott Pezick.
Once inside, police say Taylor walked up to the customer service line where a bag of returned goods sat on the table. Taylor pulled out a pair of socks and proceeded to put them on.
"There was one employee who got a coat and followed him, which is kind of a brave thing to do," said Detective Pezick. "I think most people were startled and just tried to avoid him."
Police responded and placed the man under arrest. Taylor allegedly spit on an officer as he was taken away from Walmart on a gurney. Police had to use a Taser to subdue him.
"He wouldn't follow commands, at which point they did need to deploy a Taser, and he was taken into custody," Detective Pezick said.
Investigators don't believe Taylor suffers from any sort of mental illness. They believe he may have been under the influence of drugs.
Taylor faces one count of aggravated assault for spitting on that officer. He also faces indecent assault and other related charges.
He remained behind bars unable to post $50,000 cash bail.
naked in public, pennsylvania, walmart, crime, chad pradelli
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide 50 min ago
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today 28 min ago
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE 23 min ago
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7
- Special investigative committee building...
29 min ago