Woman drives SUV into SEPTA trolley tunnel
Friday, December 23, 2011
PHILADELPHIA - December 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- It was a bizarre scene in Philadelphia's University City Friday night, as a Lexus SUV was backed out of a SEPTA tunnel.
Police are still not sure why the woman drove into the eastbound trolley tunnel on 40th Street near Baltimore Avenue. She made it nearly 4 blocks inside before stopping.
It all happened just after 8:30pm Friday night. SEPTA had to suspend all underground trolley service from 40th to 13th to clear the tracks.
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
SEPTA, philadelphia, pennsylvania, travel, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 16 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 31 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 16 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 11 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
31 min ago
6abc.com News Links