Woman drives SUV into SEPTA trolley tunnel
Friday, December 23, 2011
PHILADELPHIA - December 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- It was a bizarre scene in Philadelphia's University City Friday night, as a Lexus SUV was backed out of a SEPTA tunnel.
Police are still not sure why the woman drove into the eastbound trolley tunnel on 40th Street near Baltimore Avenue. She made it nearly 4 blocks inside before stopping.
It all happened just after 8:30pm Friday night. SEPTA had to suspend all underground trolley service from 40th to 13th to clear the tracks.
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
SEPTA, philadelphia, pennsylvania, travel, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 20 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 55 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 46 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
55 min ago
6abc.com News Links