3 homicides in 3 hours in Phila.; victims ID'd
PHILADELPHIA - October 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating three homicides that occurred in a three hour time span on Monday.
The initial incident happened just before 4:00 p.m. in the 1700 block of North Hollywood Street in the Strawberry Mansion section.
Police say 19-year-old Donald Wesley, from the 2500 block of North 34th St., was shot twice in the chest while in a vehicle.
He was taken to Temple University Hospital where he died about a half-hour later.
At around 5:00 p.m. police and medics responded to a shooting at 25th and Ingersoll streets in North Philadelphia.
When they arrived they found 50-year-old Kenneth Butts, from the 1200 block of North 25th St., suffering from a gunshot wound to the mouth.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police were then called around 7:00 p.m. to the report of a shooting at 23rd and Stewart streets.
Authorities say 19-year-old Stewart Jackson, from the 2500 block of North 34th St., was shot in his back.
He was transported to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
No arrests have been made in any of these homicides.
philadelphia, strawberry mansion, shooting, north philadelphia, local/state
- Skydiver dies after Washington Twp. accident 4 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver dies after Washington Twp. accident
4 min ago