1 dead in Northern Liberties double shooting
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - October 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a double shooting that left one person dead in the Northern Liberties section of Philadelphia.
"It seems to be a very violent crime that took place in there which led to this double shooting homicide," Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Scott Small said.
The shooting took place around 9:00 p.m. at the 700 block of North 3rd Street.
Police found two victims inside the three-story home.
A woman in her 60s, suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Her daughter, shot once in the face, was transported to Hahnemann Hospital in critical condition.
Late Sunday, police were questioning others who were in the home at the time of the shooting.
"We have several witnesses that stated the shooting took place inside the private residence where both of these victims reside," Small said.
Police believe the suspect who fled the scene is a male. They say there is evidence of a struggle on all 3 floors of the home.
Authorities are hoping surveillance video from area businesses will help with the investigation.
The 41-year-old woman who survived the shooting remains in critical condition in Hahnemann University Hospital.
philadelphia, northern liberties, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Toddler falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze 32 min ago
- Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen