Teen worker at Gosnell abortion clinic testifies
PHILADELPHIA - April 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- A trial witness who worked at a Philadelphia abortion clinic at age 15 says she saw at least one baby's chest move after the procedure.
Ashley Baldwin is testifying Thursday at the capital murder trial of abortion provider Kermit Gosnell.
The 72-year-old doctor is charged with killing seven newborns and a woman patient who died after an abortion.
Baldwin says she learned to do intravenous injections as a high school student and assisted with abortions.
Her mother, Tina, also worked at the inner-city clinic. She has pleaded guilty to corruption of a minor for letting Ashley work at what prosecutors call a corrupt organization.
Seven other employees have also pleaded guilty, some to third-degree murder. Another is on trial with Gosnell.
Gosnell's lawyer insists that no babies were born alive.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, dr. kermit gosnell, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot while sleeping in South Philadelphia 4 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 3 min ago
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
3 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos