Teen arrested after fetus found in Lancaster high school
LANCASTER, Pa. - May 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in central Pennsylvania say a 19-year-old faces charges and is being held on $1 million bail after giving birth in a bathroom at her high school and trying to flush the fetus down a toilet.
Lancaster police say Cherlie LaFleur gave birth in the bathroom at McCaskey East High School Tuesday and discarded the male fetus in a trash can after trying to flush it down the toilet.
Investigators don't know if it was stillborn or born alive; an autopsy showed it was 27 to 29 weeks.
LaFfleur is charged with concealing the death of a child. It wasn't immediately clear if she had an attorney.
A custodian found the fetus around 10 p.m. Tuesday. On Wednesday, detectives conducted interviews and reviewed video footage, identifying LaFleur as the mother.
pennsylvania, lancaster county, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 11 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft 55 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 15 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park 53 min ago
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 50 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies