City Food Tours
If you're looking for a different way to show off Philadelphia to guests or a different kind of date experience, consider City Food Tours.
Started by Robert Weinberg and Eric Matzke, there are two tours. One focuses on Rittenhouse Park and the other is in Old City. In each you are taken to three stops where artisinal food is sold, maybe even made on site. That means the food has been handcrafted, usually through age-old techniques, rather than made commercially by machine.Some examples are the cheeses at Old City Cheese, where small makers across Europe and America are featured. Lore's Chocolates has made sweets in Washington Square for over 40 years and still uses some of its antique equipment. And Tbar features the best of teas, handpicked and full-bodied, not the dregs and cuttings you find in most tea bags. The tours feature a short history lesson - who knew there are 2000 kinds of cheese?! - and lots of samples. Owners are on site to be part of the tasting, giving you the chance to ask questions and learn more from an expert. Groups are kept small (12 or less) and each tour takes about 2 1/2 hours. Tickets cost $29 and can be bought on-line at www.cityfoodtours.com. The site also gives you even more information about the guides, the tours, and the experience. The morning tour sets off at 10 am, the afternoon tour at 3pm.
action news, tamala edwards
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 13 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 53 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 1 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 2 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 6 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
6 min ago