Mrs. Fixit: Troubleshooting pre-fab furniture
October 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Prefab furniture can be a great choice for your home, you just need to keep in mind it's not as strong as it's more expensive counterparts. I have some tips for fixing some problems that can arise.
The screws used to assemble this furniture generally has predrilled holes and the screws can come loose. Coat the threads of your loose screws with some wood glue and secure them back in place.
If your piece has parts held in place with socket screws. You know the kind with a hex top that you secure with an allen wrench. Double check all of these connections using that allen wrench to make sure they're secure.
A broken rung on a chair can be replaced with a length of dowel. Remove the broken rung and then use an emery board to clean out the hole.
Cut your new dowel to size and paint the ends with some glue before you slip it into place. once it's set, clamp the legs of the chair with some bungee cords.
To touch up the finish on painted prefab - try acrylic paints. They're perfect for pulling out for a quick repair!
Easy troubleshooting ideas for your prefab furniture! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, action news
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 45 min ago
- Milder Monday 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 45 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 27 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 45 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up 43 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
45 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
45 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
45 min ago
- Milder Monday
32 min ago