Mrs. Fixit: Sprucing up your address plaque
Sunday, October 02, 2011
October 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Today I'm addressing your address by giving it a new look with a little woodwork and painting.
I've been looking at address plaques for my house but they can be really pricey. Then I came across some wooden elements at a craft store for $1 apiece. Choose a wood plaque that you like and that will fit the numbers of your address. Gently sand the wood to remove any imperfections before you start finishing. Use acrylic paints to paint both the front and back of your plaque. You want to make sure to seal the wood so that it doesn't warp over time. Take time to highlight decorative elements to give your piece some depth. Once you've finished with the plaque, move onto the house numbers. Choose a color that will stand out against the house and the base. Once both pieces have dried, use some glue to adhere the number to the base. Let the glue dry and then finish the whole piece with some polyurethane to protect it from the elements. Now you have an inexpensive address plaque for your home.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
mrs. fixit, action news
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle 11 min ago
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot 5 min ago
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos