Mr. Food: Half-Moon Cookies
February 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Practically every bakery has these cookies they call either Black and Whites or Half Moons
No matter what they're called, what makes these so good is that you don't have to decide if you want chocolate icing or vanilla, cause each cookie has both!
Baking Time: 12 min
Ingredients: 1 package (18.25 ounces) white cake mix (see Option) 2/3 cup vegetable oil 2 eggs 8 ounces (half a 16-ounce container) chocolate frosting 8 ounces (half a 16-ounce container) vanilla frosting
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat two cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, and eggs; mix well. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until firm.
3. Remove the cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Frost half of the flat side of each cookie with vanilla frosting and the other half with chocolate frosting. Serve, or cover loosely until ready to serve.
OPTION: To make chocolate half-moon cookies, simply use chocolate cake mix instead of white.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla 5 min ago
- Damp and cooler.
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized