Mr. Food: Bread Bowl Chili
February 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- When it's cold outside, there is nothing better than a warm bowl of piping hot chili. Mr. Food has a twist of on a classic.
Cooking Time: 40 min
1. In a large pot, combine ground beef and garlic over medium-high heat, and brown for 10 minutes.
2. Add crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, onion soup mix, and chili powder; mix well and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut a 1-1/2-inch circle off the top of each roll and remove bread circles. Reserve circles to serve with chili for dunking. Hollow out rolls, leaving 1/2 inch of bread around sides, creating bowls.
4. Place bread bowls on plates and spoon chili into them, allowing chili to overflow.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered
- Winds Ease Overnight 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera 10 min ago
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault 4 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school 36 min ago
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
30 min ago