Mr. Food: Bread Bowl Chili
February 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- When it's cold outside, there is nothing better than a warm bowl of piping hot chili. Mr. Food has a twist of on a classic.
Cooking Time: 40 min
1. In a large pot, combine ground beef and garlic over medium-high heat, and brown for 10 minutes.
2. Add crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, onion soup mix, and chili powder; mix well and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut a 1-1/2-inch circle off the top of each roll and remove bread circles. Reserve circles to serve with chili for dunking. Hollow out rolls, leaving 1/2 inch of bread around sides, creating bowls.
4. Place bread bowls on plates and spoon chili into them, allowing chili to overflow.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 4 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad