Mr. Food: Bread Bowl Chili
February 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- When it's cold outside, there is nothing better than a warm bowl of piping hot chili. Mr. Food has a twist of on a classic.
Cooking Time: 40 min
1. In a large pot, combine ground beef and garlic over medium-high heat, and brown for 10 minutes.
2. Add crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, onion soup mix, and chili powder; mix well and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut a 1-1/2-inch circle off the top of each roll and remove bread circles. Reserve circles to serve with chili for dunking. Hollow out rolls, leaving 1/2 inch of bread around sides, creating bowls.
4. Place bread bowls on plates and spoon chili into them, allowing chili to overflow.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 54 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 53 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos