Mr. Food: Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
April 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Peanut butter and chocolate are an irresistible combination. Mr. Food has a way to make a tasty treat using both.
Makes: 1 dozen
Chilling Time: 2 hr 30 min
Cooking Time: 5 min
1. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper baking cups.
2. In a small saucepan, melt 1-1/4 cups chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons shortening over low heat, stirring just until mixture is smooth. Allow to cool slightly; mixture should still be pourable.
3. Starting halfway up each paper cup, spoon about 2 teaspoons mixture over inside of cups, completely covering bottom half of each cup. Chill cups about 30 minutes, or until firm.
4. In a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, and butter; mix well. (Mixture will be dry.) Spoon evenly into chocolate cups and press down firmly.
5. Place remaining chocolate chips and shortening in saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring just until mixture is smooth. Spoon equal amounts into cups, spreading to completely cover peanut butter mixture. Cover and chill at least 2 hours, or until firm.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J. 40 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch