Mr. Food: Chicken Burrito Soup
May 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Spring calls for light eating. Mr. Food has a recipe for soup with a real zing!
Cooking Time: 25 min
1. In a soup pot, bring chicken broth, water, and salsa to a boil over high heat.
2. Add chicken and cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken.
3. Stir in olives and tortilla strips and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
4. Sprinkle each portion with cheese just before serving.
Notes: This soup can be as mild or spicy as you like, depending on the type of salsa you use. And feel free to substitute chicken thighs for the chicken breasts and shredded Mexican cheese blend for the Cheddar. It's up to you!
mr. food, food, mr. food
- 51 dead, including 20 children, in Okla. tornado 10 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom 34 min ago
- 25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia 27 min ago
- Teen shot multiple times in Feltonville 26 min ago
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel 10 min ago
- Pa. primary will settle municipal, judicial, races 18 min ago
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids 43 min ago
- Camera captures man stealing tractor 43 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- 51 dead, including 20 children, in Okla....
10 min ago
- Center City high rise evacuated due to...
24 min ago