Get a Degree in Bra Studies... Really
BAGUALING, CHINA-November 10, 2005 -- The Chinese are serious about building a better bra.
There's now a degree in bra studies at Hong Kong's Polytechnic University. And China's biggest lingerie manufacturer, Top Form, has a bra lab at its factory.
The company makes more than 60 million bras a year for well-known labels like Victoria's Secret, Playtex and Maidenform. The Wall Street Journal reports Top Form has been experimenting with various types of padding to give the bust a boost.
They've tried air, but like tires it was prone to flats. Oil-filled pads were too expensive and heavy.
Now, the company is trying a filling made from a thin type of fiberfill, the stuffing used ski parkas. At least hot babes won't be cold.
(Copyright 2005 by the Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 3 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
3 min ago