Tomatoes Flying High in Spain
BUNOL, Spain (AP) - August 31, 2006 -- Food fight!
The tomatoes were flying yesterday by the ton in Bunol, Spain. More than 200-thousand pounds of tomatoes were trucked into town for the annual Tomatina festival that culminates in a mega food-fight. About 40-thousand people chucked tomatoes at one another. One local councilman says it's traditional to wear white and walk away red. The partiers were juiced as well, and not just on tomatoes. The wine and beer were flowing, too. According to local legend, the annual food fight started in the 1940s when school kids started throwing their lunch at each other.
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies