Seals released after being nursed to health
April 5, 2008 (WPVI) -- It's back to the ocean for three seals at the Jersey Shore.
Action News was in Ocean County today when the Marine Mammal Stranding Center released three seals back into the Atlantic. It seemed as though the animals were hesitant to go at first, and needed a little guidance.
One of the seals had been nursed back to health after being bitten by a shark. Another was found Thursday night in Sea Isle City, trapped in a bunch of netting.
They received some TLC from the Stranding Center and after being deemed healthy they were sent on their way, back to the big ocean.
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 35 min ago
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 36 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife 28 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
35 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi...
28 min ago