Seals released after being nursed to health
April 5, 2008 (WPVI) -- It's back to the ocean for three seals at the Jersey Shore.
Action News was in Ocean County today when the Marine Mammal Stranding Center released three seals back into the Atlantic. It seemed as though the animals were hesitant to go at first, and needed a little guidance.
One of the seals had been nursed back to health after being bitten by a shark. Another was found Thursday night in Sea Isle City, trapped in a bunch of netting.
They received some TLC from the Stranding Center and after being deemed healthy they were sent on their way, back to the big ocean.
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ