Pickup truck thief gets carjacked
SALINAS, Calif. (AP) - August 7, 2008 -- A pickup truck thief lost his stolen Chevy Silverado to an armed carjacker during a 7-Eleven stop.
Thirty-three-year-old Edward Bishop told police he stole the pickup Saturday, then, while sitting outside a convenience store, a man with a gun hopped in and ordered him to start driving.
The pickup ran out of gas and the gunman ordered Bishop to get out and push, but Bishop ran away and called police.
Officers spotted the pickup on Sunday and arrested the driver after a brief chase and crash.
A police spokesman says "you couldn't make up something stranger than this."
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch 4 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today 53 min ago
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE 48 min ago
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7
- Special investigative committee building...
54 min ago