Pickup truck thief gets carjacked
SALINAS, Calif. (AP) - August 7, 2008 -- A pickup truck thief lost his stolen Chevy Silverado to an armed carjacker during a 7-Eleven stop.
Thirty-three-year-old Edward Bishop told police he stole the pickup Saturday, then, while sitting outside a convenience store, a man with a gun hopped in and ordered him to start driving.
The pickup ran out of gas and the gunman ordered Bishop to get out and push, but Bishop ran away and called police.
Officers spotted the pickup on Sunday and arrested the driver after a brief chase and crash.
A police spokesman says "you couldn't make up something stranger than this."
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 45 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 32 min ago