AGAIN?!? Students besieged by bedbugs
ERIE, Pa. (AP) - February 6, 2009 -- The university's dorms have been hit by bedbugs 21 times this year.
Gannon University in Erie has moved five students out of school apartments and into a hotel because of bedbugs.
School officials say this is the 21st time this school year that bedbugs have been found in a campus dormitory or apartment.
The school had a bedbug outbreak in 2003 during which several students suffered bites from the bloodsucking insects and the rashes that result. The university thought it had the problem licked until the outbreaks began again this school year.
The university is having an exterminator spray the rooms and officials are laundering the students' clothes and bedding. The school says it had spent "hundreds of thousands" of dollars battling its bedbug problem.
Information from: Erie Times-News, http://www.goerie.com
CLICK HERE to follow Action News on Twitter
CLICK HERE to get Action News on your website
CLICK HERE to find Action News on Facebook
bedbugs, bizarre bazaar
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career 58 min ago
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
58 min ago