AGAIN?!? Students besieged by bedbugs
ERIE, Pa. (AP) - February 6, 2009 -- The university's dorms have been hit by bedbugs 21 times this year.
Gannon University in Erie has moved five students out of school apartments and into a hotel because of bedbugs.
School officials say this is the 21st time this school year that bedbugs have been found in a campus dormitory or apartment.
The school had a bedbug outbreak in 2003 during which several students suffered bites from the bloodsucking insects and the rashes that result. The university thought it had the problem licked until the outbreaks began again this school year.
The university is having an exterminator spray the rooms and officials are laundering the students' clothes and bedding. The school says it had spent "hundreds of thousands" of dollars battling its bedbug problem.
Information from: Erie Times-News, http://www.goerie.com
CLICK HERE to follow Action News on Twitter
CLICK HERE to get Action News on your website
CLICK HERE to find Action News on Facebook
bedbugs, bizarre bazaar
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing 55 min ago
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide 22 min ago
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church 58 min ago
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7
- Special investigative committee building...
1 min ago
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown...
58 min ago