Who needs shoes to run?
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) - November 16, 2009 -- Michael Sandler has sole -- bare soles.
He's the co-founder of the Barefoot Running Club in Boulder, Colo.
An in-line skating crash in 2006 left Sandler with multiple broken bones.
After 10 surgeries, Sandler could barely walk and doubted he would ever run again.
Now, Sandler runs more than 100 miles each week barefoot.
He says running shoes are the problem, not the answer.
He maintains running barefoot decreases the wear and tear on the rest of the body.
He tells a Steamboat Springs newspaper that barefoot running will be the next big fitness movement.
- BIG STORIES: Get the most popular stuff on 6abc.com
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- Get the latest Philadelphia headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys
disabilities, exercise, bizarre bazaar
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ