One way to get the message across
ROME, Ga. (AP) - December 30, 2009 -- It's one offer good enough to refuse.
A north Georgia funeral home is offering a free funeral to those planning to drink and drive this New Year's Eve.
Would-be party-goers have to sign a contract with the McGuire, Jennings and Miller Funeral Home in Rome stating they're planning to booze it up.
If they die in a New Year's crash, the funeral home will give them a free burial.
Officials of the funeral home say they hope the offer will get people thinking about the dangers of drinking and driving.
alcohol, automobiles, beer, DUI, holidays, new year's, bizarre bazaar
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 36 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 54 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
54 min ago