One way to get the message across
ROME, Ga. (AP) - December 30, 2009 -- It's one offer good enough to refuse.
A north Georgia funeral home is offering a free funeral to those planning to drink and drive this New Year's Eve.
Would-be party-goers have to sign a contract with the McGuire, Jennings and Miller Funeral Home in Rome stating they're planning to booze it up.
If they die in a New Year's crash, the funeral home will give them a free burial.
Officials of the funeral home say they hope the offer will get people thinking about the dangers of drinking and driving.
alcohol, automobiles, beer, DUI, holidays, new year's, bizarre bazaar
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus 2 min ago
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
17 min ago