One way to get the message across
ROME, Ga. (AP) - December 30, 2009 -- It's one offer good enough to refuse.
A north Georgia funeral home is offering a free funeral to those planning to drink and drive this New Year's Eve.
Would-be party-goers have to sign a contract with the McGuire, Jennings and Miller Funeral Home in Rome stating they're planning to booze it up.
If they die in a New Year's crash, the funeral home will give them a free burial.
Officials of the funeral home say they hope the offer will get people thinking about the dangers of drinking and driving.
alcohol, automobiles, beer, DUI, holidays, new year's, bizarre bazaar
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 17 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 23 min ago
- Person possibly struck by train in Center City 6 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 52 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice 39 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
23 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos