Man kills mountain lion eating his llama
ALTA, Wyo. (AP) - December 31, 2009 -- A Wyoming llama owner says he fatally shot a mountain lion that had killed at least one of his animals.
Lou Centrella of Alta says he found his llama, named Grayson, dead on Sunday morning and that another llama, named Frito, was missing.
Centrella and a Teton County sheriff's deputy determined from tracks that a mountain lion had killed Grayson. He says a neighbor spotted a mountain lion feeding on the llama carcass in his yard Monday and that the sheriff's office advised him to shoot the big cat.
Centrella says he feels bad about shooting the lion but was concerned that it had gotten a taste for the meat.
State officials say Centrella was within his rights to shoot the cat.
Alta is near the Wyoming-Idaho border.
animals, wyoming, bizarre bazaar
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 11 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft 55 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 15 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park 53 min ago
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 50 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies