Man kills mountain lion eating his llama
ALTA, Wyo. (AP) - December 31, 2009 -- A Wyoming llama owner says he fatally shot a mountain lion that had killed at least one of his animals.
Lou Centrella of Alta says he found his llama, named Grayson, dead on Sunday morning and that another llama, named Frito, was missing.
Centrella and a Teton County sheriff's deputy determined from tracks that a mountain lion had killed Grayson. He says a neighbor spotted a mountain lion feeding on the llama carcass in his yard Monday and that the sheriff's office advised him to shoot the big cat.
Centrella says he feels bad about shooting the lion but was concerned that it had gotten a taste for the meat.
State officials say Centrella was within his rights to shoot the cat.
Alta is near the Wyoming-Idaho border.
animals, wyoming, bizarre bazaar
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police