He says he wasn't stealing the meat
ORANGEBURG, S.C. (AP) - January 11, 2010 -- Where's the beef?
It was under Mark Zachary's shirt.
He's gotten the maximum ten-year sentence for stealing an $80 slab of meat.
Last week, jurors in Orangeburg, S.C. found him guilty of shoplifting.
But Zachary claims he was doing nothing of the sort.
The Times and Democrat newspaper reports Zachary testified he was "massaging" the meat -- not stealing it.
beef, dumb criminals, robbery, theft, bizarre bazaar
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 47 min ago
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control 28 min ago
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
47 min ago