Carnival kiboshes "cougar" cruises
MIAMI (AP) - January 12, 2010 -- Carnival Cruise Lines won't be sailing anymore with a boatload of "cougars" and their willing prey.
The Miami-based company has turned down a request from a singles travel group to book another cruise with the cougar theme. The term refers to older women who date younger men.
The singles group says the ban is unfounded. They point to their first cruise on Carnival's Elation in December that drew about 300 women and the men they call "cubs."
Carnival says there were no problems with last month's trip, it's just a business decision. They have no room for groups with that "theme."
Analysts say it's meant to protect Carnival's focus on family fun.
Party planners say they've had no trouble booking with rivals Norwegian and Royal Caribbean.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
dating, cougars, cougar town, bizarre bazaar
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 5 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
5 min ago