Carnival kiboshes "cougar" cruises
MIAMI (AP) - January 12, 2010 -- Carnival Cruise Lines won't be sailing anymore with a boatload of "cougars" and their willing prey.
The Miami-based company has turned down a request from a singles travel group to book another cruise with the cougar theme. The term refers to older women who date younger men.
The singles group says the ban is unfounded. They point to their first cruise on Carnival's Elation in December that drew about 300 women and the men they call "cubs."
Carnival says there were no problems with last month's trip, it's just a business decision. They have no room for groups with that "theme."
Analysts say it's meant to protect Carnival's focus on family fun.
Party planners say they've had no trouble booking with rivals Norwegian and Royal Caribbean.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
dating, cougars, cougar town, bizarre bazaar
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 7 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!