Carnival kiboshes "cougar" cruises
MIAMI (AP) - January 12, 2010 -- Carnival Cruise Lines won't be sailing anymore with a boatload of "cougars" and their willing prey.
The Miami-based company has turned down a request from a singles travel group to book another cruise with the cougar theme. The term refers to older women who date younger men.
The singles group says the ban is unfounded. They point to their first cruise on Carnival's Elation in December that drew about 300 women and the men they call "cubs."
Carnival says there were no problems with last month's trip, it's just a business decision. They have no room for groups with that "theme."
Analysts say it's meant to protect Carnival's focus on family fun.
Party planners say they've had no trouble booking with rivals Norwegian and Royal Caribbean.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
dating, cougars, cougar town, bizarre bazaar
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed