Dieting for dollars
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - January 13, 2010 -- Lose weight or lose bucks.
That's the idea behind a new Web site, Lose It or Lose It.
Founder Randy Schmidt figures cash is a good motivation to drop some of those extra pounds.
Users create an account.
They have to fork over between $5 and $100 for every pound they don't lose as part of their weight goal.
Schmidt says he tipped the scale at 282 when Lose It or Lose It debuted in November.
He's down to 263 and intends to re-up for at least one more 10-week weight loss run.
diet, money, bizarre bazaar
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 26 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 39 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 54 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
52 min ago