Dieting for dollars
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - January 13, 2010 -- Lose weight or lose bucks.
That's the idea behind a new Web site, Lose It or Lose It.
Founder Randy Schmidt figures cash is a good motivation to drop some of those extra pounds.
Users create an account.
They have to fork over between $5 and $100 for every pound they don't lose as part of their weight goal.
Schmidt says he tipped the scale at 282 when Lose It or Lose It debuted in November.
He's down to 263 and intends to re-up for at least one more 10-week weight loss run.
diet, money, bizarre bazaar
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ