There's a new secretary coming to town
WASHINGTON (AP) - January 14, 2010 -- Move over Secretary of the Treasury and you too, Secretary of Defense.
There's a new secretary coming to D-C -- the Secretary of Romance.
Tourism officials in Washington are naming sex expert Dr. Ruth as the new secretary of the "Department of Love and Relationships."
Ruth Westheimer will be sworn in later today.
The honorary Secretary of Romance post is to boost tourism in the nation's capital.
Dr. Ruth will also help announce a new "stimulus plan" to promote Washington as a destination for lovers.
The monthlong promotion begins in February, just in time for Valentine's Day.
dating, washington, d.c., bizarre bazaar
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 6 min ago
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 40 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
9 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos