There's a new secretary coming to town
WASHINGTON (AP) - January 14, 2010 -- Move over Secretary of the Treasury and you too, Secretary of Defense.
There's a new secretary coming to D-C -- the Secretary of Romance.
Tourism officials in Washington are naming sex expert Dr. Ruth as the new secretary of the "Department of Love and Relationships."
Ruth Westheimer will be sworn in later today.
The honorary Secretary of Romance post is to boost tourism in the nation's capital.
Dr. Ruth will also help announce a new "stimulus plan" to promote Washington as a destination for lovers.
The monthlong promotion begins in February, just in time for Valentine's Day.
dating, washington, d.c., bizarre bazaar
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 29 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay 6 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 54 min ago
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
20 min ago