There's a new secretary coming to town
WASHINGTON (AP) - January 14, 2010 -- Move over Secretary of the Treasury and you too, Secretary of Defense.
There's a new secretary coming to D-C -- the Secretary of Romance.
Tourism officials in Washington are naming sex expert Dr. Ruth as the new secretary of the "Department of Love and Relationships."
Ruth Westheimer will be sworn in later today.
The honorary Secretary of Romance post is to boost tourism in the nation's capital.
Dr. Ruth will also help announce a new "stimulus plan" to promote Washington as a destination for lovers.
The monthlong promotion begins in February, just in time for Valentine's Day.
dating, washington, d.c., bizarre bazaar
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media 33 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 12 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013 38 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
33 min ago