Funny money found in car
BALL GROUND, Ga. (AP) - February 1, 2010 -- Finding 200-grand in a used car sounds too good to be true.
Well, the money turns out to be counterfeit.
Tye Kuykendall bought an old car from a towing company last year.
He discovered a stash of fake cash in a hidden compartment behind the back seat.
Authorities in Georgia say he bought the car for $400 after it sat for more than three years in an impound yard.
He found the funny money while fixing a gas leak.
Local authorities have called in the U.S. Secret Service to help with the case.
money, georgia, bizarre bazaar
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 4 min ago
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 38 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
7 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos