It's not an Martian invasion
LAKE ST. LOUIS, Mo. (AP) - February 3, 2010 -- Those bright lights in the sky aren't Martians -- just a Missouri inventor.
Some people in the Lake St. Louis area called police to report lights in the night sky.
But it wasn't a UFO.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports a local inventor was just testing a remote-controlled helium balloon.
Paul Bauer even had a ring of flashing, colored LED lights in on his contraption.
The balloon was tied to his truck and hovered 100 feet in the air.
missouri, aliens, ufos, bizarre bazaar
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 38 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight 47 min ago
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution' 37 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc