It's not an Martian invasion
LAKE ST. LOUIS, Mo. (AP) - February 3, 2010 -- Those bright lights in the sky aren't Martians -- just a Missouri inventor.
Some people in the Lake St. Louis area called police to report lights in the night sky.
But it wasn't a UFO.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports a local inventor was just testing a remote-controlled helium balloon.
Paul Bauer even had a ring of flashing, colored LED lights in on his contraption.
The balloon was tied to his truck and hovered 100 feet in the air.
missouri, aliens, ufos, bizarre bazaar
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 39 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
39 min ago