It's not an Martian invasion
LAKE ST. LOUIS, Mo. (AP) - February 3, 2010 -- Those bright lights in the sky aren't Martians -- just a Missouri inventor.
Some people in the Lake St. Louis area called police to report lights in the night sky.
But it wasn't a UFO.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports a local inventor was just testing a remote-controlled helium balloon.
Paul Bauer even had a ring of flashing, colored LED lights in on his contraption.
The balloon was tied to his truck and hovered 100 feet in the air.
missouri, aliens, ufos, bizarre bazaar
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J. 18 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 25 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos 9 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft 58 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 5 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in...
9 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in...
18 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos