Wyoming suspect flees into police station
RIVERTON, Wyo. (AP) - February 7, 2010 -- Police say a man suspected of stealing a bottle of Schnapps from a Wyoming grocery store didn't have the best escape route planned.
Riverton police say the 26-year-old ran out of the store after grabbing the bottle of booze and a package of cough drops Wednesday and hid in a nearby building, which happened to be the police station.
Police say the man then ran out of the police station, but not before a dispatcher had spied him on the station's surveillance camera and alerted officers.
The man, who police say was drunk, was caught soon after. He was taken into custody on preliminary charges of resisting arrest and shoplifting.
dumb criminals, police, wyoming, bizarre bazaar
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Turning Milder 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 41 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 1 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 12 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 8 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 54 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks...
8 min ago
- Water pressure problems plague Trenton
34 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay...
54 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos