Ohio strip club hosts 'Lap dances for Haiti'
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) - February 8, 2010 -- A strip club in Ohio has raised $1,000 for Haitian earthquake relief during what was billed as "Lap dances for Haiti."
Marilyn's on Monroe in Toledo donated the $10 cover charges collected Saturday to ISOH/IMPACT, an organization based in suburban Perrysburg that provides food and clothing for Haiti.
Marilyn's general manager Kenny Soprano says his establishment had been looking for a reason to hold a charity fundraiser even before the quake, as a way to improve its image. He says you don't hear much about strip clubs giving back to the community.
ISOH/IMPACT CEO Linda Greene doesn't have a problem with where the money came from. She says her group appreciates any donations to help Haiti.
ohio, naked in public, haitian earthquake, bizarre bazaar
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Turning Milder 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 59 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 18 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 30 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 26 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks...
26 min ago
- Water pressure problems plague Trenton
52 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos