Canada has a new hero
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) - February 16, 2010 -- They're calling him "Alexandre the Great."
Alexandre Bilodeau is Canada's new hero.
Bilodeau ended what some called the Olympic curse by winning Canada's first gold medal on home turf -- or rather home snow.
His victory in the moguls is also bringing some fringe benefits.
The prime minster called with congratulations.
There are plans to issue commemorative coins and stamps in his honor.
And the 22-year-old Bilodeau is even getting marriage proposals on Twitter.
winter olympics, canada, vancouver, bizarre bazaar
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 28 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday 8 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death 51 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 5 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station 52 min ago
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 32 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Bitter Blast Thursday
8 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
5 min ago
- Police: Camden Man robbed 5 banks in 1 month
6 min ago
- Person, cat rescued from New Castle fire
7 min ago