Canada has a new hero
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) - February 16, 2010 -- They're calling him "Alexandre the Great."
Alexandre Bilodeau is Canada's new hero.
Bilodeau ended what some called the Olympic curse by winning Canada's first gold medal on home turf -- or rather home snow.
His victory in the moguls is also bringing some fringe benefits.
The prime minster called with congratulations.
There are plans to issue commemorative coins and stamps in his honor.
And the 22-year-old Bilodeau is even getting marriage proposals on Twitter.
winter olympics, canada, vancouver, bizarre bazaar
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 29 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos