Is this a bad year for babies?
TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) - February 18, 2010 -- Don't fear the Year of the Tiger.
That's the message Taiwanese officials have for couples.
Many people believe the Year of the Tiger is a bad year to have babies.
Officials are worried Taiwan's birth rate could drop and it's already one of the world's lowest.
An Education Ministry official tells the China Times newspaper that many successful people were Tiger babies.
The Year of the Tiger began this week.
taiwan, new year's, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 28 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 20 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 28 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 15 min ago
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 26 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos 25 min ago
- Sandusky lawyer sued over $25,000 credit card debt 30 min ago
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in...
25 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
28 min ago